The certifier for the Carbon Reduction Label is the Carbon Trust Footprinting Certification Company which is an independent company committed to providing impartial certification services. The product carbon footprints of Mobius were certified for conformity with PAS 2050, the Code of Good Practice and the certification requirements within the Carbon Trust's Footprint Expert™ using Aura's barefoot™ models.
More about the Carbon Trust Footprinting Certification Company:
- The Carbon Trust Footprinting Certification Company is independent, and is committed to providing impartial certification services. It has built impartiality into its structure, strategy, policies, procedures and operations and is committed to continuous improvement in this area.
- The Company has recently become one of the first UKAS (United Kingdom Accreditation Service) accredited organisation to deliver Product Carbon Footprint certification against PAS 2050.
- Accreditation by UKAS independently demonstrates that the Company is delivering certification to internationally recognised standards (ISO 14065) in the market of GHG emissions Verification/Certification.
More on the Carbon Trust:
The Carbon Trust is an independent company set up in 2001 with the support of the UK Government. Its mission is to accelerate the transition to a low carbon economy. The Carbon Trust carries out a wide range of activities, including working directly with business to reduce carbon emissions, explaining the strategic implications of climate change and investing in new technologies and businesses that will help to tackle climate change.
In 2006 the Carbon Trust launched an initiative to measure, reduce and communicate the life cycle greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions of goods and services, or ‘product carbon footprints’. The initiative included three parts:
- PAS 2050 – development of a new Publicly Available Specifcation (PAS) through BSI British Standards,jointly sponsored by the Carbon Trust and Defra, defning a robust, consistent measurement method of product life cycle GHG emissions.
- Code of Good Practice on Product GHG Emissions and Reduction Claims – framework requirements for communicating product carbon footprint and reduction information, sponsored by the Carbon Trust in response to calls for guidance from industry and other stakeholders.
- Carbon Reduction Label – working with companies to measure product carbon footprints in practice and to inform customers of the GHG impact of their products through a range of different channels; managed through the Carbon Label Company, a subsidiary of the Carbon Trust.